User Role Editor Pro GPL – edit user roles easily
Are you satisfied with the standard WordPress roles list or user capabilities distribution among them? Do you wish to change something in the user’s rights and permissions system?
User Role Editor WordPress plugin will help you. Edit any existing role, create a new one, fill the selected role with the capabilities that you need. Assign newly created roles or capabilities directly to the user.
User Role Editor Pro GPL Features
Why go Pro? The Pro version offers extended functionality. It is advertisement-free. Buy the Pro version and join the 3398 active subscribers. Look on the Pro version additional features list and make the right effective decision:
- Block selected admin menu items on a per role basis (more details…)
- Show front-end menu item for everyone, logged-in users, logged-in users with selected role(s), not logged-in visitors only (more details…)
- Block selected navigation menus from editing for the selected role (more details…)
- Block selected widgets and sidebars under the “Appearance” menu per role base (more details…)
- Block selected meta boxes (dashboard, posts, pages, custom post types) for roles (more details…)
- Block access to the other roles for the selected role (more details…)
- Per plugin access for roles and users with “activate_plugins” capability (more info…);
- Export and Import user roles
- Multi-site: Roles and users management for all sites at Network Admin from one point: edit, replicate roles to all subsites, assign roles and capabilities to the users, replicate existing user together with his permissions to all sites of the network.
- Multi-site: Restrict access of single-site administrators to the selected user capabilities and Add/Delete role operations inside User Role Editor (more info…)
- Multi-site: Superadmin can set up individual lists of themes available for activation to selected single site administrators (more details…).
Content edit access restriction features:
Force all custom posts types to use their own custom capabilities set instead of the usage of one built on the base of the ‘post’, e.g. ‘edit_videos’ instead of ‘edit_posts’.
Activate “Create” capability for posts/pages/custom post types. For example, without a ‘create_post’ capability users will be allowed to just edit the existing posts.
Users access restriction for editing selected posts and pages only by post/page ID, or/and category/taxonomy ID, or/and author user ID (more info…);
Users access restriction to Gravity Forms by forms ID list (more info…);
Content view access restriction for selected roles and with short_codes (more info…)
Manage what widgets are shown for what role (more details…).
Admin pages permissions viewer shows at the bottom of every admin backend (wp-admin) page the user capabilities list checked by this page and plugins hooked to it (more details…).